We are seeking a full time Wellness Manager - Communications to join our on-site wellness team located in Jersey City, NJ.
The Wellness Manager - Communications for Workplace Wellbeing will be responsible for supporting the development of large strategic initiatives, global campaigns and firmwide programs that relate to the company’ Wellness and Benefits services. The role will support the Director of Marketing and Communications and collaborate across stakeholder teams to embed the Wellness and Benefits mission, vision and brand across the organization through developing marketing and communication messaging and materials for various internal and external channels and audiences.
Primary responsibilities include supporting the harmonization of our brand internally and externally and employing a multi-channel strategy to amplify company offerings and value proposition to help support attracting and hiring talent, talent integration and employee satisfaction and retention. This role will support the positioning of the company as an employer of choice for external audiences and lead Benefits and Wellness integration efforts internally across Firmwide and/or Human Capital Management-led initiatives.
What you will do:
- Content Strategy: In consultation with the Director, develop a strategic marketing plan embedded into the broader goals and framework for evaluating brand performance. Conduct user experience research to inform development of strategy to enhance employee engagement with Wellness and Benefits programs and services.
- Content Creating and Editing: Create compelling and engaging content that spans various formats, from blog posts to external award articles and reports with a focus on articulating the impact and value proposition of the company’s Benefits and Wellness services.
- Brand Identity: Develop and review marketing collateral development and enhancements, and work with internal creative services team to finalize promotional and educational collateral.
- Multi-Channel Engagement: Support the management of internal website, marketing and communications calendar and serve as a back-up for communications coverage (may include occasional nights and weekends). Assist with covering Wellness information line and general mailbox as needed.
- Collaboration: Develop strong and collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams including the internal Wellness and Benefits teams and company stakeholders to align marketing with broader divisional and organizational goals.
- Data-Driven Decision Making: Collect, analyze and report marketing metrics to continually highlight and refine marketing strategy.
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of experience in marketing and communications
- 3+ years of professional work experience in a large, complex organization (health and wellness industry preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree (in communications, marketing, health communications or related field)
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Certifications and/or a portfolio of past brand or content marketing work are advantageous
- Ability to work comfortably with various levels of leadership
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as well as the ability to work with and manage the expectations of a wide variety of constituents
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple technical and creative projects simultaneously, work well under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining exceptional attention to detail
- Experience collecting, analyzing and reporting marketing and or communications data/metrics
- Ability to present the Benefits and Wellness program story effectively and concisely through PowerPoint and other channels
- Excellent self-management, reporting and follow-up skills
- Proven strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to speak and write clearly and effectively
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Valued but not required:
- Healthcare industry experience
- Advanced degree in related field
- Cross-functional experience working in a complex, matrix organization, preferably in a healthcare environment
Perks of working at Plus One, an Optum company*:
Health and financial:
- Medical plan choices with Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Dental and Vision coverage plans
- 401(k) Retirement & Savings Plan
- Life Insurance (team member, spouse and dependents)
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Transportation and Parking Plans
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Wellness rewards program
- Free memberships to various fitness facilities and wellness subscriptions
- 24/7 health and wellness support through the Employee Assistance program
- Entertainment and consumer discounts
- Dedication to ensuring a cohesive and inclusive culture led by an internal diversity, equity and inclusion council
Growth and development:
- Free professional development courses through internal learning management systems
- Discounted certifications through industry leading agencies
- Free CPR/AED certifications
- Free continuing education courses and credits
- Employee Referral Reward program
*Please note, some of the benefits listed above are only available to team members who work full time hours.
Equal opportunity statement
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Plus One, an Optum Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, New York City, and Washington only: The annual salary for this position ranges from $80,000 - $88,000. Pay is based on several factors including, but not limited to, education, work experience, certifications, geographic differentials, and other business and organizational needs. In addition to the hourly rate, Plus One offers a comprehensive benefits package (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements), which includes health insurance, life and disability benefits, 401(k) plan, and paid time off. Plus One, an Optum Company, adheres to all federal, state, and local minimum wage requirements.