We are looking for Performance Coaches with experience working with athletes in basketball, golf running, soccer, and/or volleyball to work at a retail company's global headquarters located in Beaverton, OR.
What you will do:
- Conduct assessments and implement exercise prescriptions designed uniquely for their clients.
- Design Programs- successfully design programs for users of varying ability and goals with an emphasis on quality movement, careful instruction, and safe results.
- Provide high level of personalized attention to members by motivating and inspiring clients.
- Establish and maintain a clientele according to company and client’s standards.
- Provide guidance to members on proper use of equipment.
- The days and hours are based on your availability and desire to build a successful business with additional opportunity to teach Small Group Training or Sport Clinics.
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Kinesiology or in a related field
- Three years of experience working with high-level athletes and corporate wellness.
- Currently holding CSCS or equivalent
- Currently holding: NSCA CPT, NASM CPT, USAW, FMS, CES, or PES Certification
- Excellent presentation skills in both large and small group settings.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office suite or related products.
- Must maintain current CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
- TPI certification - Titleist Performance Institute
- Master's degree in Kinesiology, Sport Science, Athletic Training or related field.
- Five years of experience working with high-level athletes and corporate wellness.
Plus One, part of the Optum Workplace Well-being portfolio of services, provides fitness and well-being services to clients across a broad range of industries, driving employee engagement in health and wellness programs. These services include fitness, nutrition, ergonomics, wellness coaching and health promotion. Our team members believe that the most effective way to help people adopt a healthier lifestyle is through personal connections infused with hospitality, empathy and a lot of fun.
Perks of working at Plus One, an Optum company*:
Health and financial:
- Medical plan choices with Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) and Health Savings Account (HSA) options
- Dental and Vision coverage plans
- 401(k) Retirement & Savings Plan
- Life Insurance (team member, spouse and dependents)
- Short and Long Term Disability Plans
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Transportation and Parking Plans
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Wellness rewards program
- Free memberships to various fitness facilities and wellness subscriptions
- 24/7 health and wellness support through the Employee Assistance program
- Entertainment and consumer discounts
- Dedication to ensuring a cohesive and inclusive culture led by an internal diversity, equity and inclusion council
Growth and development:
- Free professional development courses through internal learning management systems
- Discounted certifications through industry leading agencies
- Free CPR/AED certifications
- Free continuing education courses and credits
- Employee Referral Reward program
*Please note, some of the benefits listed above are only available to team members who work full time hours.
Equal opportunity statement
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere. Plus One, an Optum Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For residents of California, Colorado, Connecticut, New York City, and Washington only: The hourly rate for this position ranges from $30 to $75. Pay is based on several factors including, but not limited to, education, work experience, certifications, geographic differentials, and other business and organizational needs. In addition to the hourly rate, Plus One offers a comprehensive benefits package (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements), which includes health insurance, life and disability benefits, 401(k) plan, and paid time off. Plus One, an Optum Company, adheres to all federal, state, and local minimum wage requirements.